Fred Machesney renews lease on the Ziock Farm located on North second street. Machesney operated from this spot since the Spring of 1928. Machesney plans to expand the airport facilities on the 170 acre plot of land. The airport is already equipped with a 3,870 foot runway, a machine shop, weather service and a waiting room. The airport is currently home to eight aircraft with two owned by Machesney. Due to lack of funds coming from the city, Machesney considered shutting down the air mail. Machesney up to this point maintained the airport to the strict air mail standards and footed the bill entirely himself. This included 24 hour service, turning on and off the lights, providing weather reports and of course meticulous care for the grass landing field. The chamber of Commerce thusly has promised to make new efforts to bring additional funding to the airport to allow the service to continue.